POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : Include or macro? Server Time
11 Aug 2024 01:18:27 EDT (-0400)
  Include or macro? (Message 1 to 1 of 1)
From: Buckaroo Bill
Subject: Include or macro?
Date: 10 Oct 1999 11:32:49
Message: <3800b1a1@news.povray.org>
When designing a large system, is it better to #declare all the variables
first, then include the file to use them, or declare variables and use a
macro to build your object with, or just have a lot of placeholders in your
macro?

The thing I want to make (no fishing for clues) will be somewhat like the
galaxy include by Chris Colefax in that you can either choose the default,
or choose one of several predefined options, or specify almost any level of
detail. Like so...

choose:
    A or               /// default
    B and            /// custom
        B1 or         /// custom option 1
        B2 or         /// custom option 2
        B3 and      /// extended custom option
            B3a or
            B3b etc.

If you choose B you should have to choose a B(#) and that should be rather
up front. As it stands I have to edit the B.inc or pre#declare a bunch of
stuff and it just isn't graceful.

Any help appreciated.