POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : reflection color Server Time
11 Aug 2024 01:26:02 EDT (-0400)
  reflection color (Message 1 to 4 of 4)
From: Daniel Pirch
Subject: reflection color
Date: 9 Oct 1999 13:43:27
Message: <37ff7ebf@news.povray.org>
hi group,
I have the following problem:
The reflection statement causes all light colors to be reflected on a
surface. But shouldn't metallic surfaces only reflect one color? I can do
this with a color vector like  reflection <.4,0,0> or reflection Red*.4  .
But what if the pigment isn't a only single color but a texture pattern? Is
there a way to use the pigment color as reflection color too?

tia, Daniel

--
Daniel Pirch
dpi### [at] gmxnet

Post a reply to this message

WyzPov has a feature which does this, so does the Superpatch. It is
called metallic reflection.
WyzPov is here: http://www.worldaxes.com/paul_fam/wyzpov/INDEX.HTM
The Superpatch is here: http://www2.fwi.com/~parkerr/superpatch/

Post a reply to this message