POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : An interesting pigment Server Time
11 Aug 2024 01:19:21 EDT (-0400)
  An interesting pigment (Message 1 to 7 of 7)
From: Ron Parker
Subject: An interesting pigment
Date: 7 Oct 1999 11:41:51
Message: <37fcbf3f@news.povray.org>
Here's an interesting pigment.  See if you can determine what it'll do before
you render it.  Hopefully someone out there can find a use for this thing.
It's a little long for a signature file a'la Warp, but I think it's worth
posting and I'm sure Ken will appreciate the indenting style:

#include "colors.inc"

#declare MysteryPigment=pigment{#local C=array[6]{pigment{color Gray30}pigment{
color Gray30}pigment{color Gray70}pigment{color Gray70}pigment{color White}
pigment{color White}}#local T=sqrt(3);#local B=pigment{radial pigment_map{
#local i=0; #while(i<6)[i/6 C[i]][(i+1)/6 C[i]]#local i=i+1;#end}}radial
pigment_map{#local i=0;#while(i<6)#local a=(i+.5)*60*y;#local s=1.5*T;[i/6
gradient x pigment_map{[1/3 B scale 1/s rotate -a][1/3 B translate vrotate(T*x,
a)rotate -a scale 1/s]}scale s rotate a][(i+1)/6 gradient x pigment_map{[1/3 B
scale 1/s rotate -a][1/3 B translate vrotate(T*x,a)rotate -a scale 1/s]}scale s
rotate a]#local i=i+1;#end}translate x warp{repeat 3*x}warp{repeat T*z}scale .5}

plane { y,0 pigment {MysteryPigment}}
camera { location 12*y sky z look_at 0 }
light_source { 6*y rgb 1}

Post a reply to this message

> Here's an interesting pigment.  See if you can determine what it'll do before
> you render it.  Hopefully someone out there can find a use for this thing.
> It's a little long for a signature file a'la Warp, but I think it's worth
> posting and I'm sure Ken will appreciate the indenting style:

Nice, I like it a lot.
I failed the "guess what it does" test, my excuse is that it's 2:20 AM.

PS. it's a good idea to use upper case for the first character of
variables so they don't clash with future built ins.  This scene crashed
on 'undeclared identifier expected but s found instead'.

Cheers, PoD.

Post a reply to this message

On Fri, 08 Oct 1999 02:23:11 +0930, PoD wrote:
>PS. it's a good idea to use upper case for the first character of
>variables so they don't clash with future built ins.  This scene crashed
>on 'undeclared identifier expected but s found instead'.

Actually, I usually do that.  My excuse is that I got overzealous in
trying to obscure the variable names.  I'm guessing you used the superpatch
to try to render it, eh?

Post a reply to this message