POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : looking for David Govoni Server Time
11 Aug 2024 07:19:50 EDT (-0400)
  looking for David Govoni (Message 1 to 2 of 2)
From: Jean Montambeault
Subject: looking for David Govoni
Date: 29 Aug 1999 22:17:22
Message: <37c9e9b2@news.povray.org>
I tried to reach David Govoni through e-mail, using the link on
his web site at:
http://www.geocities.com/SiliconValley/Vista/3378/index.html from
where I dowloaded Dave G's Animation System . The mail server replied
with a "User unknown". So, does anybody know some mean of reaching him
?

    I'd also like for those who had some experience with his system to
comment on it. Obviously, it hasn't been maintained in a long time and
I had to edit the files so the parsing time would be less (10 times
since there aren't so many warning messages). Does someone still use
it ? I'm more of a hand coder and I like that the whole thing was made
of .inc files.

--
Jean Montambeault
Montreal, Canada

Post a reply to this message

>     I tried to reach David Govoni through e-mail, using the link on
> his web site at:
> http://www.geocities.com/SiliconValley/Vista/3378/index.html from
> where I dowloaded Dave G's Animation System . The mail server replied
> with a "User unknown". So, does anybody know some mean of reaching him
> ?
>
>     I'd also like for those who had some experience with his system to
> comment on it. Obviously, it hasn't been maintained in a long time and
> I had to edit the files so the parsing time would be less (10 times
> since there aren't so many warning messages). Does someone still use
> it ? I'm more of a hand coder and I like that the whole thing was made
> of .inc files.
>
> --
> Jean Montambeault
> Montreal, Canada
> http://pages.infinit.net/copeau

I did play a little bit with it and I suppose your warning messages are
due to the fact DGPAS is for v3.02 not for v3.1. If you're interrested
I'll post the adapted code.

Other thing, I did try to mail D.Govoni almost one year ago without
succes.

--
David Etter Perere

Please remove ".bof" to answer