POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : Positionning the camera Server Time
11 Aug 2024 09:19:43 EDT (-0400)
  Positionning the camera (Message 1 to 3 of 3)
From: Jean Montambeault
Subject: Positionning the camera
Date: 24 Aug 1999 19:01:51
Message: <37c3245f@news.povray.org>
I don't know about you but when I work on an object I need to see
it pretty much on all sides. It's also the case when comes the time to
position it. The problem is that there's no simple way to set the
camera in POV. It doesn't seem to be a big problem since I never read
anything to that effect : I found that it was enough time lost nudging
the vector for me and made a macro to position the camera just by
specifying the altitude, azimuth, distance and look_at something more
intuitive in my opinion. It's on pov.binaries.utilities with a .pov to
try and there's also a table making macro to have something to see.

    Let me know if it was worth the effort of if there's an even
better solution.

--
Jean Montambeault
Montreal, Canada