POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : where's hugo elias ?? Server Time
11 Aug 2024 11:20:19 EDT (-0400)
  where's hugo elias ?? (Message 1 to 5 of 5)
From: MR
Subject: where's hugo elias ??
Date: 12 Aug 1999 10:40:20
Message: <37b2dcd4@news.povray.org>
hello,

does anybody (ken??) know where the hugo.elias page
has gone to?  the address i have is:

http://freespace.virgin.net/hugo.elias

but i haven't been able to bring it up for a long
time.

it was called something like "the stretchy bouncy...
page.

he had some very impressive concepts... like modelling
a tablecloth draped over a table.

incidentally, i've posted this on the c.g.r.r group also.  no
need to answer both places.

thanks, miker

Post a reply to this message

That's the site.  I don't know must have gone down.  I was there last
week sometime so it has gone down recently.

MR wrote:

> hello,
>
> does anybody (ken??) know where the hugo.elias page
> has gone to?  the address i have is:
>
> http://freespace.virgin.net/hugo.elias
>
> but i haven't been able to bring it up for a long
> time.
>
> it was called something like "the stretchy bouncy...
> page.
>
> he had some very impressive concepts... like modelling
> a tablecloth draped over a table.
>
> incidentally, i've posted this on the c.g.r.r group also.  no
> need to answer both places.
>
> thanks, miker

Post a reply to this message

> That's the site.  I don't know must have gone down.  I was there last
> week sometime so it has gone down recently.
>
> MR wrote:
> >
> > http://freespace.virgin.net/hugo.elias
> >
> > but i haven't been able to bring it up for a long
> > time.

I just tried it and it worked fine for me. I'm linking in on Netscape
4.05 and routing in from Alaska. Maybe it was down for a bit? Maybe both
of you were encountering routing problems?

David

Post a reply to this message

maybe there's just something wrong with me linking there from
work... i can't really figure it out.  i mean... we got a firewall, but
that shouldn't effect me getting out.

i'll try the link at home.

thanks again, miker

Nick Portelli <por### [at] pilotmsuedu> wrote in message
> That's the site.  I don't know must have gone down.  I was there last
> week sometime so it has gone down recently.
>
> MR wrote:
> >
> > hello,
> >
> > does anybody (ken??) know where the hugo.elias page
> > has gone to?  the address i have is:
> >
> > http://freespace.virgin.net/hugo.elias
> >
> > but i haven't been able to bring it up for a long
> > time.
> >
> > it was called something like "the stretchy bouncy...
> > page.
> >
> > he had some very impressive concepts... like modelling
> > a tablecloth draped over a table.
> >
> > incidentally, i've posted this on the c.g.r.r group also.  no
> > need to answer both places.
> >
> > thanks, miker

Post a reply to this message

freespace.virgin.net is 3 (local) hops from my 'Which? Online'
connection and I cannot connect. After further investigation it seems to
be a very iffy connection, I pinged it quite a few times and it only
responded to a couple of them. Perhaps if you persist you may get
through.

	Graham.