POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : writing to a file ?? Server Time
11 Aug 2024 11:24:52 EDT (-0400)
  writing to a file ?? (Message 1 to 4 of 4)
From: MR
Subject: writing to a file ??
Date: 3 Aug 1999 07:53:01
Message: <37a6d81d@news.povray.org>
hello,

i'm playing with the blobman (hmmm... that doesn't sound very
good, does it?) and i noticed that it has code in it to write to a
file using fopen and write, but the file is not getting written.  i
searched the whole drive.  i also checked to make sure that the
code wasn't conditional (inside an if statement).

does anybody have an idea why the file is not being created?
it looks like i'm only running 3.1a, but the documentation shows
the fopen and write syntax, and i'm not getting any error messages.

thanks, miker

Post a reply to this message

There was a fix done to those after 3.1a I believe, let's see.... no, I
don't see it written up in the Changes.txt of this POV-Win 3.1g version.
I know there was something about it said though, the changes.txt says
not all is shown. Doesn't mean there isn't a problem with the Blobman
file however, mainly because I tried it too and no go. Anyone know
what's up? Peter Houston, if you're out there....

Bob

--
 omniVERSE: beyond the universe

It works fine for me, and always has in versions 3.1e and g, I did notice
that the code produced an error once I upgraded to 3.1g, but that was only
because of a missing comma, which I have corrected in version 3.5 of
Blob_Man, for the record I am using the Windows Version.

Regards,

Peter H.

[ Peter Houston               ICQ# 8770407              Houston Graphics ]
[ ====================================================================== ]
[ Hou### [at] inamecom           http://welcome.to/HoustonGraphics ]

Bob Hughes wrote in message <37a6e2f4@news.povray.org>...
>There was a fix done to those after 3.1a I believe, let's see.... no, I
>don't see it written up in the Changes.txt of this POV-Win 3.1g version.
>I know there was something about it said though, the changes.txt says
>not all is shown. Doesn't mean there isn't a problem with the Blobman
>file however, mainly because I tried it too and no go. Anyone know
>what's up? Peter Houston, if you're out there....
>
>Bob

Post a reply to this message