POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : better quality? Server Time
11 Aug 2024 07:13:06 EDT (-0400)
  better quality? (Message 1 to 10 of 13)
From: vmx
Subject: better quality?
Date: 24 Sep 1999 17:07:24
Message: <37ebe80c@news.povray.org>
Which one has the better quality?
BMRT or POV-Ray?

THANX,
  CU,
    vmx.

Post a reply to this message

From: Marc Schimmler
Subject: Re: better quality?
Date: 24 Sep 1999 17:22:28
Message: <37EBECD6.EE9E4A92@ica.uni-stuttgart.de>
vmx wrote:

> Which one has the better quality?
> BMRT or POV-Ray?
>
> THANX,
>   CU,
>     vmx.

That's just like asking which women is more beautiful. It's depends on
viewers eye. Asking this group you will get most certainly one answer:
POVRAY!

Not knowing BMRT very well I would say that it is important how much
work you are willing to put into it. I've seen pics of so called POVRAY
newbies which showed high quality. If I am informed correctly BMRT
depends on so shaders which are difficult to use and make but as I said,
I haven't tried BMRT yet.
The results in the IRTC from BRMT on the other hand look quite good.
Make your own opinion at

http://www.irtc.org

And then there are these NGs that can be a great help in finding the
right way to your POVRAY scene.

All the Best,

Marc

Post a reply to this message