POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : Announcement: This Means You ! Server Time
11 Aug 2024 05:19:13 EDT (-0400)
  Announcement: This Means You ! (Message 1 to 2 of 2)
From: Ken
Subject: Announcement: This Means You !
Date: 10 Sep 1999 11:42:06
Message: <37D9266F.51EF2C3F@pacbell.net>
Announcement:

  I am currently putting together the content of THE povray.org links
page and it is almost finished. If you have any links that I may not
already have I would love to hear from you.

  I prefer not to receive links to personal galleries of images at this
time. This may be added in the future but the main focus of the povray.org
links page will be resources related content. I will however consider pages
that offer the source code for the images present in the image gallery since
these can be used by others as a learning tool.

  What I need are links to include files, POV-Ray related utilities and
programs, sources of pages with tutorial content, and links pages related
to mine. Also links to university graphics programs that have 3D related
content, links to math forums and computational geometry, online papers
related to raytracing and algorithms, and any other similar materials are
welcome. Other links that are being sought are pages with general 3D
content not necessarily related to POV-Ray but 3D in general. I am also
currently searching for any sites that have unique or interesting TTF
fonts available and will take any links to those that you may have. I
am trying to make this list a one stop shopping resource so anything
you can think of to offer will be considered for inclusion.

  I am will also entertain suggestions for topics not already covered.
The povray.org links page will be a mirror of my own site though easier
to navigate. It may well be that I do not have a major category covered
and will add any that you people feel needs inclusion. This is for YOU,
not me, so your input is needed to make it good for everyone else that
may visit the povray.org links page.

  Also if you have a web page and you have made useful include files for
your own personal use I encourage you to get these online and send me a
link. You would be surprised how many people go searching for these things
and often come up short because people are not actively sharing them with
others. I get lucky on occasion and find obscure POV-Ray users home pages
with an occasional POV-Ray related resource hidden away but often there
is no public announcement that this has happened and they are very difficult
and time consuming to track down.

  This is  YOUR  big opportunity to contribute something directly to the
content of the povray.org Home Page so if you have any links you think
might be useful feel free to contact me directly so that I can research
it for duplication and suitability and I will make sure that they are
included in time for the Grand Opening (date of course not yet specified).

Contact me at mailto://tylereng@pacbell.net

or post a reply here, or send it to a friend to send to me, or send it
by carrier pigeon, dog, plane, train, automobile, or by whatever means
you can think of, but get them links out, polish them up, and make sure
that I get them.

And thanks for your continued support,

--
Ken Tyler

See my 850+ Povray and 3D Rendering and Raytracing Links at:

>   I am currently putting together the content of THE povray.org links
> page and it is almost finished. If you have any links that I may not
> already have I would love to hear from you.

  Since posting this I have recieved nearly a dozen great replies and have
added several new links because of these contributions.

  Please keep them coming and my thanks to those who have taken the time to
contact me.