POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : Wierd texture question Server Time
11 Aug 2024 13:22:27 EDT (-0400)
  Wierd texture question (Message 1 to 2 of 2)
From: Maneesh Yadav
Subject: Wierd texture question
Date: 22 Jul 1999 20:39:22
Message: <3797B9BA.4ACB49C6@scripps.edu>
This may not make much sense typed out but
I'm looking for a way to create a crystal texture...the type that almost
looks like there is a deep blue static on it and really gleams,
something so that things would look sort of shimmer like those glass
sculptures, maybe something that would be applied to an "energy crystal"
in an 80's fantasy flick...kinda of like amethyst but not really..
Am I making any sense?

Post a reply to this message

> This may not make much sense typed out but
> I'm looking for a way to create a crystal texture...the type that almost
> looks like there is a deep blue static on it and really gleams,
> something so that things would look sort of shimmer like those glass
> sculptures, maybe something that would be applied to an "energy crystal"
> in an 80's fantasy flick...kinda of like amethyst but not really..
> Am I making any sense?

Take a look at the image I posted in the povray.binaries.images group.
It was posted June 13 1999 and was titled Fire n' Ice . If this is the
effect you are looking for I can make some suggestions.

--
Ken Tyler

mailto://tylereng@pacbell.net
http://home.pacbell.net/tylereng/links.htm