POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : UK mainland POV Users - offering Poser 4 'cheap' Server Time
11 Aug 2024 13:14:05 EDT (-0400)
  UK mainland POV Users - offering Poser 4 'cheap' (Message 1 to 1 of 1)
From: Cliff Bowman
Subject: UK mainland POV Users - offering Poser 4 'cheap'
Date: 22 Jul 1999 15:23:55
Message: <3797672b.13560428@news.povray.org>
I'm proposing to offer Poser 4 to any UK mainland POV-Ray users who
frequent this news server. As a PC dealership I get a discount off of
Poser 4 (to which I have handling costs added to me before shipping
out to anyone else) and in appreciation of the enjoyment I've received
from POV and the users here I'd like to offer it virtually at cost

cheques etc). Delivery should be possible within 2-3 weeks or possibly
faster (the distributors stock levels and cheque clearing time being
the only constraints to suggesting one week).

Looking at the math it's barely any discount if only 1 person wants

carriage I'm told - though discount merchants should do better). If
two or three UK users fancy it I can split the incoming handling costs

should bear in mind that an upgrade from earlier editions are much
cheaper - and several magazines have had Poser 1 on their cover CD's
(also note that my discount is a rough percentage not a fixed sum - so
I won't be able to 'discount' any upgrades by as much as the full
product).

Looking at POVWorld I don't think there are enough UK users who'd be
interested - but this is the best way I could think of contributing
(given limited 3D abilities).

If anyone's interested please give me a yell and I'll get outbound
carriage costs checked - though I'm pretty sure a courier would be
under a tenner including VAT (it's not a huge box) so Royal Mail will
hopefully be better.

Finally - apologies to anyone reading this who's not on the UK
mainland. Carriage costs would likely wipe out any advantage I can
offer, even if international exchange rates etc. don't make it
impractical.

If you find this post objectionable in any way then please accept my
apologies - but also reply saying so (perhaps via e-mail to avoid
cluttering an otherwise on-topic group?). At least then I'll know one
way to avoid annoying people in the future!

Cheers,

Cliff Bowman
Why not pay my 3D Dr Who site a visit at http://www.who3d.cwc.net/
PS change ".duffcom" to ".net" if replying via e-mail