POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : HSL macro Server Time
11 Aug 2024 15:20:17 EDT (-0400)
  HSL macro (Message 1 to 4 of 4)
From: Margus Ramst
Subject: HSL macro
Date: 9 Jul 1999 14:51:22
Message: <37864457.D5970502@peak.edu.ee>
I created a set of macros for specifying colours in HSL
(hue/saturation/lightness) mode, as I find HSL much more comfortable for
tweaking colours.
There is also a macro for tweaking the saturation and brightness of a colour
specified in RGB mode.
I'll post them to binaries.utilities, in case someone's interested.

Margus

Post a reply to this message

> I created a set of macros for specifying colours in HSL
> (hue/saturation/lightness) mode, as I find HSL much more comfortable for
> tweaking colours.
> There is also a macro for tweaking the saturation and brightness of a colour
> specified in RGB mode.
> I'll post them to binaries.utilities, in case someone's interested.
>
> Margus

  Just curious but why do you feel more comfortable adjusting colors using
HSL as opposed to Pov's native rgb system ?

--
Ken Tyler

mailto://tylereng@pacbell.net

Post a reply to this message