POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : Global Illumination Server Time
11 Aug 2024 15:22:22 EDT (-0400)
  Global Illumination (Message 1 to 3 of 3)
From: Jens Berg Churchill
Subject: Global Illumination
Date: 5 Jul 1999 18:47:47
Message: <37813613@news.povray.org>
Somebody was discussing how radiosity worked in povray, and requested
information on the method implemented:

May I suggest looking up under Paper Archives -> Catagory -> Global
illumination at
http://www.grafix3d.tzo.com/main/index.html

I believe:
"A Ray Tracing Solution for Diffuse Interreflection" by Gregory J. Ward
is what povray currently implements ?

I'm not sure though, but it would seam right (And I think I saw his name
somewhere in the pov documentation, can't remember)

Anyway, it's a fun link for those who like reading papers on different 3d
related supjects. cheers - JBC.

Post a reply to this message

Thanks for the link.  I do believe that this is the paper that I was (am)
looking for.  Unfortunately, I am unable to access the document on the
server.  :-(  Maybe they're having some probems and will be back up soon.

-Nathan