POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : Radiosity Server Time
11 Aug 2024 15:21:10 EDT (-0400)
  Radiosity (Message 1 to 3 of 3)
From: Andrew Cocker
Subject: Radiosity
Date: 4 Jul 1999 13:14:41
Message: <377f9681@news.povray.org>
Has anyone posted a tutorial that explains how to use radiosity in plain
english, rather than the totally incomprehensible (to me) docs? Warp's
'Radiosity Test 2' shows that it is indeed possible to create an 'unblotchy'
image, but I can't fathom out how it's done, and he hasn't posted the source
code.

Having been away for a while, I may well have missed such a post.

thanks 'n' all that

Andy

Post a reply to this message

Andrew Cocker <and### [at] acockerfreeservecouk> wrote:
: Has anyone posted a tutorial that explains how to use radiosity in plain
: english, rather than the totally incomprehensible (to me) docs? Warp's
: 'Radiosity Test 2' shows that it is indeed possible to create an 'unblotchy'
: image, but I can't fathom out how it's done, and he hasn't posted the source
: code.

  I'll be writing some text about those images. It will not be a complete
tutorial, since I'm not a radiosity expert, but it will contain some of
my discoverings and experiences about it. And of course some source codes
as well.

Nieminen Mika <war### [at] cctutfi> wrote in message
>   I'll be writing some text about those images. It will not be a complete
> tutorial, since I'm not a radiosity expert, but it will contain some of
> my discoverings and experiences about it. And of course some source codes
> as well.

Okay, thanks. I look forward to it and the revelation it will no doubt
contain. :-)

Andy