POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : woods.inc and UVPov Server Time
11 Aug 2024 19:35:02 EDT (-0400)
  woods.inc and UVPov (Message 1 to 1 of 1)
From: Nathan Kopp
Subject: woods.inc and UVPov
Date: 1 Jun 1999 22:42:54
Message: <37548BA2.91095DB@Kopp.com>
Ok... I should have documented this long ago, so I'll do it now.  UVPov is
my personal experimental version of POV (which I'm sharing with you).
Because of that, it has some 'odd' changes in it.  One of these that I
never got around to documenting is some changes I made to layered textures.

You see, normally POV treates 'filter' just like it treats 'transmit' in
layered textures (well, to a point).  This means that layers that use
rgbf look just like layers that use rgbt.  I personally consider this
a bug, so I 'fixed' it, so now putting rgbf in a layer will act more like
the normal filter instead of like transmit.  Unfortunately, this is
not good for backwards compatibility.

All of the textures in woods.inc use 'rgbf'.  If you change 'rgbf' to
'rgbt', layered textures will work with UVPov (and still work with the
official version, as far as I know).

(Make a backup of woods.inc and other inc files before you go searching
and replacing.)

I'll document this in my webpage.  Plus, when I get around to making
superpatch/uvpov combination, it won't have my weird layered textures.

-Nathan