POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : Transforming Warps Server Time
12 Aug 2024 01:29:49 EDT (-0400)
  Transforming Warps (Message 1 to 6 of 6)
From: Carl Bartels
Subject: Transforming Warps
Date: 24 Apr 1999 17:24:15
Message: <3722281E.5F698C31@bravo436.chem.mcgill.ca>
I was just playing with media and stuff and figured I'd try the
following scene, but got an error in the warp due to the rotation and
ended up having to move the warp around by hand (sin's and cos's).  Is
there a good reason why warps (particularly black_hole warps) can't work
the way I was trying?

sphere {
  0, 1
  pigment {
    colour rgbf 1
  }
  interior {
    media {
      emission 1
      density {
        agate
        colour_map {
          [0.0 colour 0]
          [0.5 colour 0]
          [1.0 colour 1]
        }
        warp {
          black_hole
          0.5, 0.3
          rotate y*360*clock
        }
      }
    }
  }
  hollow
}

The error I get is "No matching } in warp, rotate found instead."

The idea was to have some sort of hazy cloud with a distortion moving
through it.  I eventually got rid of the rotation and replaced the
position with 0.5*<cos(2*pi*clock), 0, sin(2*pi*clock)> in order to get
the black_hole warp moving around the way I had intended.  I'm still
waiting for the animation to finish tracing, but I didn't get an error
during the parse.

Anyway, I though that since you're defining the warp pretty much the
same way you would define a sphere, you should be able to transform it
in the same sort of way.  But, apparently not.

This is with 3.1e on windows NT.  I haven't tried it on my regular Linux
computer yet, so maybe it would have worked there.

--
  Carl Bartels   |  Spammers make things so much more complicated.
McGill University|  email: There's a see and a bee and I can be found

Post a reply to this message