POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : POV humor Server Time
12 Aug 2024 03:29:04 EDT (-0400)
  POV humor (Message 1 to 6 of 6)
From: Lewis
Subject: POV humor
Date: 14 Apr 1999 11:04:39
Message: <3714A06E.5CBDB3E6@netvision.net.il>
Yikes...
I've copied the text from my message "dreams of POV 3.5 and 4.0" and
translated it to German and back, this is the result (followed by the
original)

... Double-Translated:
I thought of it for one while, and I explained that which I think, am
the best strategy for further development of POV:

First, like the POV team had anounced, POV 3.5 is 3.1 also Built in many
new modifications at the object program as official version. This would
make it possible, so that we use these modifications at the object
program, without worrying itself, if it would give at all any program,
which support it. I would love to see e.g. UVPOV section of the official
Povstrahls. Comes then POV 4.0, which is really a new version. I think
that it is a good idea, to construct it in a message oriented manner
much. Possibly its good, it is rueckwaert

.... Original ....
I've thought about it for a while, and I've figured what I think is the
best strategy for further development of POV:

First, like the POV team had anounced, POV 3.5 will be a 3.1 with many
new patches built-in as an official version. This would make it possible
for us to use these patches without worrying if there would ever be any
program that support them. I would love to see, for example, UVPOV part
of the official pov-ray.

Then comes POV 4.0, which is really a new version. I think it is a good
idea to build it in a very object oriented fashion. Maybe its good to
keep it backward compatible, but the suggestion in the previous message
concerning this matter is quite good. It would allow easy implementation
of Inverse Kinematics and complex animations. It would be a whole new
POV.

Post a reply to this message

> make it possible, so that we use these modifications at the object
> program, without worrying itself, if it would give at all any program,
> which support it. I would love to see e.g. UVPOV section of the official
> Povstrahls.

Well, I can only agree. I don't think the object program should worry
itself nearly as much as it does (it causes ulcers and file loss).
And I, too long to see UVPOV in the official Povstrahls. :D

> Comes then POV 4.0, which is really a new version. I think
> that it is a good idea, to construct it in a message oriented manner
> much. Possibly its good, it is rueckwaert

And isn't this what Shakespeare was really trying to say in
"A midsummer night's trace"? I think so.

> Yikes...
> I've copied the text from my message "dreams of POV 3.5 and 4.0" and
> translated it to German and back, this is the result (followed by the
> original)

Ah, alas. So much for the "Universal Translator Now" button I was
working on to add to my home page... <g>

Charles

Post a reply to this message

> I've copied the text from my message "dreams of POV 3.5 and 4.0" and
> translated it to German and back, this is the result (followed by the
> original)

Sounds approximately like my German, translated without additional error
back into English.

--
Mark Gordon
mtg### [at] mailbagcom

Post a reply to this message

Now I know the secret to how lawyers write contracts!

-Mike

Lewis wrote:

> Yikes...
> I've copied the text from my message "dreams of POV 3.5 and 4.0" and
> translated it to German and back, this is the result (followed by the
> original)
>
> ... Double-Translated:
> I thought of it for one while, and I explained that which I think, am
> the best strategy for further development of POV:
>
> First, like the POV team had anounced, POV 3.5 is 3.1 also Built in many
> new modifications at the object program as official version. This would
> make it possible, so that we use these modifications at the object
> program, without worrying itself, if it would give at all any program,
> which support it. I would love to see e.g. UVPOV section of the official
> Povstrahls. Comes then POV 4.0, which is really a new version. I think
> that it is a good idea, to construct it in a message oriented manner
> much. Possibly its good, it is rueckwaert
>
> .... Original ....
> I've thought about it for a while, and I've figured what I think is the
> best strategy for further development of POV:
>
> First, like the POV team had anounced, POV 3.5 will be a 3.1 with many
> new patches built-in as an official version. This would make it possible
> for us to use these patches without worrying if there would ever be any
> program that support them. I would love to see, for example, UVPOV part
> of the official pov-ray.
>
> Then comes POV 4.0, which is really a new version. I think it is a good
> idea to build it in a very object oriented fashion. Maybe its good to
> keep it backward compatible, but the suggestion in the previous message
> concerning this matter is quite good. It would allow easy implementation
> of Inverse Kinematics and complex animations. It would be a whole new
> POV.

Post a reply to this message