POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : recursive objects. Server Time
12 Aug 2024 05:25:14 EDT (-0400)
  recursive objects. (Message 1 to 5 of 5)
From: abc
Subject: recursive objects.
Date: 29 Mar 1999 20:48:34
Message: <37002F51.735EA24D@email.uc.edu>
I'm trying to make a few objects for a scene I'm working on and am
wondering if there is an easy way to do recursion in POVray, e.g.,
trees.  I can do it using while loops and #declares...(declare an object
as multiples of itself scaled and translated/rotated) but am wondering
if there is an easier way as this eats up a lot of memory and processor
time.  Thanks for any attention this gets.

Post a reply to this message

: I'm trying to make a few objects for a scene I'm working on and am
: wondering if there is an easy way to do recursion in POVray, e.g.,
: trees.  I can do it using while loops and #declares...(declare an object
: as multiples of itself scaled and translated/rotated) but am wondering
: if there is an easier way as this eats up a lot of memory and processor
: time.

  AFAIK there's no other way.

> I'm trying to make a few objects for a scene I'm working on and am
> wondering if there is an easy way to do recursion in POVray, e.g.,
> trees.  I can do it using while loops and #declares...(declare an object
> as multiples of itself scaled and translated/rotated) but am wondering
> if there is an easier way as this eats up a lot of memory and processor
> time.  Thanks for any attention this gets.

What exactly do you want to use the recursion for, creating objects, i.e.
single leaves of a tree? If you want to create objects this way it will be
possible (with some limitations) to use macros.

    Thorsten

Post a reply to this message