POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : Help file error Server Time
12 Aug 2024 05:31:21 EDT (-0400)
  Help file error (Message 1 to 5 of 5)
From: Mike Metheny
Subject: Help file error
Date: 27 Mar 1999 04:56:00
Message: <36fcab30.0@news.povray.org>
I recently have been getting an error when opening the help file.  I get a
box saying that an error exists in this help file.  contact vendor for an
updated version.  Now, I've uninstalled POV, and reinstalled it, reinstalled
to a different directory, performed scandisk, norton windoctor, etc, no
problems that I can see.  Also the toolbar buttons at the top disappear on
load.  i have to move the little bar to the right all the way to the left
and back for the open, save, render, etc. buttons to appear.

Any help appreciated.

--

Mike Metheny
lon### [at] vtedu

"When one's words are no better than silence, one should keep silent."

Post a reply to this message

I wonder if this could be related to another dll problem stated at
bugreports ng. And I just encountered a uninstaller dll error which said
I had a NT version of the ctl3d32.dll. May be possible that these dlls
are getting installed errantly and conflict with the program somehow?

Mike Metheny wrote:

> I recently have been getting an error when opening the help file.  I get a
> box saying that an error exists in this help file.  contact vendor for an
> updated version.  Now, I've uninstalled POV, and reinstalled it, reinstalled
> to a different directory, performed scandisk, norton windoctor, etc, no
> problems that I can see.  Also the toolbar buttons at the top disappear on
> load.  i have to move the little bar to the right all the way to the left
> and back for the open, save, render, etc. buttons to appear.
>
> Any help appreciated.
>
> --
>
> Mike Metheny
> lon### [at] vtedu
> http://www.loneshepherd.com
>
> "When one's words are no better than silence, one should keep silent."

--
 omniVERSE: beyond the universe

'T was on Sat, 27 Mar 1999 04:55:50 -0500,
that Mike Metheny wrote:
> Also the toolbar buttons at the top disappear on
> load.  i have to move the little bar to the right all the way to the left
> and back for the open, save, render, etc. buttons to appear.

Have you installed IE5 recently?

Phoenix

--
eag### [at] telekabelnl                       http://users.telekabel.nl/eagle