POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : Stone Wall Server Time
12 Aug 2024 13:18:57 EDT (-0400)
  Stone Wall (Message 1 to 3 of 3)
From: John M  Dlugosz
Subject: Stone Wall
Date: 20 Feb 1999 02:29:56
Message: <36ce6474.0@news.povray.org>
I'm modeling a building made of stone.  A real building isn't one solid slab
of stone, but is made of stones fit together.  In a new building the seams
are perfectly flat with no visible lines, but the pattern in the rock has a
discontinuity there.  So I modeled stones fit together where each has a
translated texture, but the results are not convincing.

A related issue is that I'm not sure what scale to use, on the great Miller
stone textures that come with POV, to look like real stone.

Any suggestions or specific textures?

--John

Post a reply to this message

I put this files together a couple of years ago. See if helps.

Gordon
<gbe### [at] birdcameroncomau>

John M. Dlugosz wrote in message <36ce6474.0@news.povray.org>...
>I'm modeling a building made of stone.  A real building isn't one solid slab

>of stone, but is made of stones fit together.  In a new building the seams

>are perfectly flat with no visible lines, but the pattern in the rock has a

>discontinuity there.  So I modeled stones fit together where each has a

>translated texture, but the results are not convincing.

>A related issue is that I'm not sure what scale to use, on the great Miller

>stone textures that come with POV, to look like real stone.

>Any suggestions or specific textures?

>--John

Post a reply to this message

Attachments:
Download 'us-ascii' (24 KB)

--

 Ich nicht eine Sekunde!!!" H. Heinol in Val Thorens