POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : Post-Processing Server Time
12 Aug 2024 13:22:31 EDT (-0400)
  Post-Processing (Message 1 to 4 of 4)
From: Dolan
Subject: Post-Processing
Date: 18 Feb 1999 20:05:37
Message: <36ccb8e1.0@news.povray.org>
Is it considered post-processing and illegal to, after rendering an image
and deciding that something small needs to be changed, change that small bit
and render that small portion then cut-and-paste it onto the "flawed"
original image?  Examples would include a texture on a table leg, halo
properties on a small sun, glass transparency, or anything that doesn't
affect the entire scene (such as a light source -- something that would
affect the entire scene).

Post a reply to this message

Sure it is illegal! The international POV-POLICE will ram in your door and
take you into prison. A black prison 100 meters under the earth, with not a
single ray of light to trace...

Jokes aside: Do you mean "illegal" in the terms of IRTC or what? Because
otherwise I don't get who would define legal and illegal - other than you
yourself...

Johannes.

Dolan wrote in message <36ccb8e1.0@news.povray.org>...
>Is it considered post-processing and illegal to, after rendering an image
>and deciding that something small needs to be changed, change that small
bit
>and render that small portion then cut-and-paste it onto the "flawed"
>original image?  Examples would include a texture on a table leg, halo
>properties on a small sun, glass transparency, or anything that doesn't
>affect the entire scene (such as a light source -- something that would
>affect the entire scene).

Post a reply to this message