POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : Grammar Server Time
12 Aug 2024 13:24:17 EDT (-0400)
  Grammar (Message 1 to 1 of 1)
From: Gordon
Subject: Grammar
Date: 17 Feb 1999 23:52:21
Message: <36cb9c85.0@news.povray.org>
Hi All,

I know this has been asked before, but I can't find the reference. Does
anybody have a formal grammar for POVRay.

The reason I ask is that I am working on a set of macros for animation and
the next thing I want to do is "morphing" between different versions of an
object/scene. To do this I need to do a lexical analysis of the files and
extract all the numbers so I can then use my spline functions to interpolate
between them. Rather than recreate the wheel, if the grammar is available, I
can write a tokeniser which is all I need. (Anyone for re-writing POVRay
"in" POVRay? Its a bit like writing a C compiler in C and then using it to
compile itself!)

Thanks
Gordon
<gor### [at] hotmailcom>