POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : news.povray.org going weird? Server Time
12 Aug 2024 19:36:40 EDT (-0400)
  news.povray.org going weird? (Message 1 to 4 of 4)
From: Christopher Fairbairn
Subject: news.povray.org going weird?
Date: 31 Jan 1999 06:17:49
Message: <36b43bdd.0@news.povray.org>
Hi,

This is a post for someone I've been talking to about
POVRay which can't connect to this new server anymore :-(

> when I try news.povray.org (today and yesterday!) I get: "Response from
server: 502 You
>have no permission to talk {ess6-m138-43.pool.cww.de}, Goodbye" (the
>ess6-XXX.pool.cww.de may vary of course).

Can anyone explain this? The person was able to connect reliably before but
now.......

Thanks,
Christopher Fairbairn on behalf of Rudy Velthuis.

Post a reply to this message

That's what you get for sending viruses to the group    :)

--
Jim

Check out my web site http://www.kressworks.com/
It'll blow your mind (politically), stimulate your senses (artistically)
and provide scientific insights beyond compare!

Be sure to read the Warp maintained POV VFAQ:
http://iki.fi/warp/povVFAQ.html

Christopher Fairbairn wrote in message <36b43bdd.0@news.povray.org>...
>Hi,
>
>This is a post for someone I've been talking to about
>POVRay which can't connect to this new server anymore :-(
>
>> when I try news.povray.org (today and yesterday!) I get: "Response from
>server: 502 You
>>have no permission to talk {ess6-m138-43.pool.cww.de}, Goodbye" (the
>>ess6-XXX.pool.cww.de may vary of course).
>
>Can anyone explain this? The person was able to connect reliably before but
>now.......
>
>Thanks,
>Christopher Fairbairn on behalf of Rudy Velthuis.

Post a reply to this message

> This is a post for someone I've been talking to about
> POVRay which can't connect to this new server anymore :-(
>
> > when I try news.povray.org (today and yesterday!) I get: "Response from
> server: 502 You
> >have no permission to talk {ess6-m138-43.pool.cww.de}, Goodbye" (the
> >ess6-XXX.pool.cww.de may vary of course).
>
> Can anyone explain this? The person was able to connect reliably before but
> now.......
>
> Thanks,
> Christopher Fairbairn on behalf of Rudy Velthuis.

I've had a similar problem, perhaps I can help. When Back Orifice started
spreading some people at my ISP became worried and set up some filters. By
default these filters were on for all their clients. At that moment I couldn't
connect to the POV-newsserver anymore. After disabling these filters (and thus
publicly displaying my BO ;-) ) the thing was solved.

Hope it helps,

Remco

Post a reply to this message

> publicly displaying my BO ;-) ) the thing was solved.

Dammit, man! You just made me laugh out like an idiot in a public
computer class!! :>

Margus