POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : Attn: Linkmaster (yes you Ken :P) Server Time
12 Aug 2024 19:38:28 EDT (-0400)
  Attn: Linkmaster (yes you Ken :P) (Message 1 to 5 of 5)
From: Mike Metheny
Subject: Attn: Linkmaster (yes you Ken :P)
Date: 26 Jan 1999 01:39:48
Message: <36ad6334.0@news.povray.org>
Where can I d-load HF-Lab, and what are some links to other height-field
programs?

Mike Metheny
lon### [at] vtedu
http://loneshepherd.ml.org/

"When one's words are no better than silence, one should keep silent."

Post a reply to this message

From: Ken
Subject: Re: Attn: Linkmaster (yes you Ken :P)
Date: 26 Jan 1999 02:04:10
Message: <36AD68DC.F7EBC767@pacbell.net>
Mike Metheny wrote:

> Where can I d-load HF-Lab, and what are some links to other
> height-field  programs?
>
> Mike Metheny

What ! You talking to me ?

Try these links:

GForge and HF-Lab at:
http://www.best.com/~beale/
http://shell3.ba.best.com/~beale/gforge/

Leveller at:
http://www.daylongraphics.com/

Terragen which does not support directly but can be
filtered through Leveller at:
http://www.york.ac.uk/~mpf103/

Moray has some sort of support for HF's but I'm not
sure how much at:
http://www.stmuc.com/moray/

Some great fractal image programs at:
http://home.HiWAAY.net/~stephenf/

And here for various utility reviews:
http://www.dhc.net/~swallace/index.htm
http://twysted.net/

Look for another program called Terrain Maker.
It's a dos based program but offers some nice
features. If you find a link for this or other
usefull HF utility programs let me know.

--
Ken Tyler

tyl### [at] pacbellnet

Post a reply to this message

> Where can I d-load HF-Lab, and what are some links to other height-field
> programs?
>
> Mike Metheny

Terrain Maker Hoem Page at:
http://www.itsnet.com/~varmint/html/tm.htm

--
Ken Tyler

tyl### [at] pacbellnet

Post a reply to this message

> Where can I d-load HF-Lab, and what are some links to other height-field
> programs?
>
> Mike Metheny
> lon### [at] vtedu
> http://loneshepherd.ml.org/
>
> "When one's words are no better than silence, one should keep silent."

To add to the links already posted I found a couple more for you.

Povscape:
http://cuyana.rangenet.com/dwa/povindex.html

M3D:
http://mcn.simplenet.com/graphics/3d/m3d/default.htm