POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : Annoying noise on Julia_fractal Server Time
14 Aug 2024 09:26:53 EDT (-0400)
  Annoying noise on Julia_fractal (Message 1 to 1 of 1)
From: Milos Bulajic
Subject: Annoying noise on Julia_fractal
Date: 23 Jan 1999 08:08:20
Message: <36a9c9c4.0@news.povray.org>
I've noticed "noise" in some scenes on julia_fractal, like antialias is
turned OFF. Here is example. Please render it and you will see that brighter
parts of object are fine, but parts in shadows got ugly noise. I rendered it
with Antialias=On and Antialias_Threshold=0.3 in INI file (default). I try
to change this options but there were no amendment. Increasing _precision_
won't help.

// begin

#include "colors.inc"

light_source { < 3, 4, -10 > color White }
light_source { < -3, 2, -10 > color White }
light_source { < 0, 0, -4 > color White*.5 }

camera {
  location < 0, 0, -5 >
  look_at < -1, 2, 0 >
}

julia_fractal

  < -0.83, 0.1, -0.83, 0.25 >
  slice < 0.5 , -0.5, .5, .5 >, 0
  quaternion
  cube
  max_iteration 6
  precision 200
  scale 3
  translate < 2.5, -0.1, 0 >
  rotate < 50, 50, 0 >
  pigment {
    hexagon
    color Pink color Cyan*.7 color Yellow*.4
    scale 1.5
  }
  finish { phong .5 }
}