POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : wanted Server Time
12 Aug 2024 07:17:22 EDT (-0400)
  wanted (Message 1 to 7 of 7)
From: Welgan
Subject: wanted
Date: 16 Mar 1999 22:19:53
Message: <36EF1F17.7034508E@telusplanet.net>
Does any one have the rendered image for this news article, or the
source?
http://cnn.com/TECH/computing/9903/16/super.idg/

Post a reply to this message

From: Spider
Subject: Re: wanted
Date: 16 Mar 1999 23:05:25
Message: <36EF286A.5F9C1A7E@bahnhof.se>
I think this is the one you want.

http://www.haveland.com/povbench/index.htm

--
//Spider
        [ spi### [at] bahnhofse ]-[ http://www.bahnhof.se/~spider/ ]

Post a reply to this message

From: John M  Dlugosz
Date: 18 Mar 1999 22:00:19
Message: <36f1bdc3.0@news.povray.org>
Interesting.

Don't you just love articles written by people who don't know the subject,
for people who won't know the difference?

Ray Tracing ala POV isn't used in those movies -- it's far too slow.  And
POV is known for its great curves while movies use meshes.