POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : "posing" a few questions about Poser Server Time
12 Aug 2024 09:21:22 EDT (-0400)
  "posing" a few questions about Poser (Message 1 to 9 of 9)
From: Tim Glover
Subject: "posing" a few questions about Poser
Date: 4 Mar 1999 10:22:28
Message: <36DEA5C2.171B@nettally.com>
I'm thinking about buying Poser 3 for use with Povray.  I'm interested
in
creating realistic biped (mostly humanoid <grin>) and importing the
finished
model into Povray scenes, then adding my own hand-tuned textures, hair,
etc.  So far
so good.  Now the questions:

1. Local off-the-shelf price is $199.99.  Any ideas on a good mail-order
source?

2. Is there a student version or discount available?

3. (Most important) Can pre-existing bipeds be imported and "posed",
then
re-exported?

4. Had anyone tried using Poser to create figures (one per frame) for
animation?

TIA for insights and comments

Tim G.

tgl### [at] nettallycom