POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : Looking for an image Server Time
12 Aug 2024 09:25:12 EDT (-0400)
  Looking for an image (Message 1 to 8 of 8)
From: Josh English
Subject: Looking for an image
Date: 3 Mar 1999 13:20:04
Message: <36DD7E5C.6D45AA34@spiritone.com>
I remember a while ago there was an image to three crosses on a hill
posted to this news server and I'm trying to find it. Does anyone
remember what post it was, who wrote it, or wha the URL for it is? The
image pulls off a neat trick that I want to use and I can't find the
image anywhere...

thanks in advance

--
Josh English
eng### [at] spiritonecom

Post a reply to this message

Only crosses I recall were Kens pictures showing a discrepency of some
sort in transparent red cross shape. Doubt this is what you mean, it was
merely two boxes.
The other was a Celtic type cross headstone and I sure don't remember
who did that. Wasn't terribly long ago, sometime last summer or
thereafter??

--
 omniVERSE: beyond the universe
 mailto:inv### [at] aolcom?PoV

Post a reply to this message

Nope that wasn't it. Title was "Hill with a cool sky".
Posted 07-12-1998 by Alan Grainger. His home page seems
to have dissapeared but you might try the email address
listed with the post at: scy### [at] geocitiescom

--
Ken Tyler

mailto://tylereng@pacbell.net

Post a reply to this message

Ah, okay, thanks. I knew I wouldn't be the actual answer man. Have to
take a look at that myself.
But I did locate the two posts I was thinking of:
  Graveyard at Night by Scott McDonald posted at povray.binaries.images
10/2/98
  Graveyard of the Damned by Spider posted at povray.binaries.images
12/6/98
just in case anyones interested in those Celtic crosses again.

Ken wrote:

> Nope that wasn't it. Title was "Hill with a cool sky".
> Posted 07-12-1998 by Alan Grainger. His home page seems
> to have dissapeared but you might try the email address
> listed with the post at: scy### [at] geocitiescom
>
> Bob Hughes wrote:
> >
> > Only crosses I recall were Kens pictures showing a discrepency of some
> > sort in transparent red cross shape. Doubt this is what you mean, it was
> > merely two boxes.
> > The other was a Celtic type cross headstone and I sure don't remember
> > who did that. Wasn't terribly long ago, sometime last summer or
> > thereafter??
> >
> > Josh English wrote:
> > >
> > > I remember a while ago there was an image to three crosses on a hill
> > > posted to this news server and I'm trying to find it. Does anyone
> > > remember what post it was, who wrote it, or wha the URL for it is? The
> > > image pulls off a neat trick that I want to use and I can't find the
> > > image anywhere...
> > >
> > > thanks in advance
> > >
> > > --
> > > Josh English
> > > eng### [at] spiritonecom
> > > www.spiritone.com/~english
> >
> > --
> >  omniVERSE: beyond the universe
> >   http://members.aol.com/inversez/POVring.htm
> >  mailto:inv### [at] aolcom?PoV
>
> --
> Ken Tyler
>
> mailto://tylereng@pacbell.net

--
 omniVERSE: beyond the universe
 mailto:inv### [at] aolcom?PoV

Post a reply to this message

>Nope that wasn't it. Title was "Hill with a cool sky".
>Posted 07-12-1998 by Alan Grainger. His home page seems
>to have dissapeared but you might try the email address
>listed with the post at: scy### [at] geocitiescom

I found it at ML.ORG as a dropped page, with a real URL:
http://www.geocities.com/SiliconValley/Lakes/5675/index.html

The image is still there (in the raytracing/scenes part).

--
Rudy Velthuis

Post a reply to this message

>Nope that wasn't it. Title was "Hill with a cool sky".
>Posted 07-12-1998 by Alan Grainger. His home page seems
>to have dissapeared but you might try the email address
>listed with the post at: scy### [at] geocitiescom

The requested image is still available at the United Artists
Galleries pages: http://surf.to/uagalleries

Julius

Post a reply to this message