POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : Please help me with this POVRAY problem!! Server Time
12 Aug 2024 09:21:22 EDT (-0400)
  Please help me with this POVRAY problem!! (Message 1 to 3 of 3)
From: Johnny Smith
Subject: Please help me with this POVRAY problem!!
Date: 3 Mar 1999 07:41:46
Message: <36DD2F1E.A2E6F480@netjava.net>
It's kinda hard to explain.  I got a heightfield,  and
I am trying to wrap a texture around the stalagmites and
hills, etc.  But for some reason,  the textrue is coming out
distorted.  VERY distorted.

The source is small.  The bitmap I am using is small as well.
Could I email it all to someone,  and have them tell me what
is going wrong ?
It's driving me NUTS!  (and yes I used every combination of
INTERPOLATE there is!)
(please reply via email to:   joh### [at] netjavanet)

Post a reply to this message

>         It's kinda hard to explain.  I got a heightfield,  and
> I am trying to wrap a texture around the stalagmites and
> hills, etc.  But for some reason,  the textrue is coming out
> distorted.  VERY distorted.
>
> The source is small.  The bitmap I am using is small as well.
> Could I email it all to someone,  and have them tell me what
> is going wrong ?
> It's driving me NUTS!  (and yes I used every combination of
> INTERPOLATE there is!)
> (please reply via email to:   joh### [at] netjavanet)

Just post the picture and the source on povray.binaries.images with your
request! This way most of the regular posters will see it and eventually
someone will know a solution!

Marc
--
Marc Schimmler

Post a reply to this message

Off-hand I'd say your only going to get distortion no matter what if
using a image_map on the heightfield, and a regular old texture is going
to follow the pattern given it, which is unlikely to be the same
contours of your heightfield, you would just about need a warping effect
(like gravity wells) at the places where the stalagmites are before the
application of either. I haven't used UV mapping any so there may or may
not be an answer in that.
Other things, like Genesis Toolkit (
http://www.rhein-ruhr.de/~schrammel/index.htm ), can map to the contours
well enough.

Johnny Smith wrote:

>         It's kinda hard to explain.  I got a heightfield,  and
> I am trying to wrap a texture around the stalagmites and
> hills, etc.  But for some reason,  the textrue is coming out
> distorted.  VERY distorted.
>
> The source is small.  The bitmap I am using is small as well.
> Could I email it all to someone,  and have them tell me what
> is going wrong ?
> It's driving me NUTS!  (and yes I used every combination of
> INTERPOLATE there is!)
> (please reply via email to:   joh### [at] netjavanet)

--
 omniVERSE: beyond the universe
 mailto:inv### [at] aolcom?PoV