POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : Heightfield Help Server Time
12 Aug 2024 11:22:33 EDT (-0400)
  Heightfield Help (Message 1 to 3 of 3)
From: Mike Smith
Subject: Heightfield Help
Date: 25 Feb 1999 08:19:28
Message: <36D54DD4.7933@sheffield.ac.uk>
I have a digital elevation model that I want to "import" into POVRay. I
gather that heightfield uses a variety of graphics input files, although
PNG and GIF have been recommended, using their colour values. The data
I  have can be in a variety of formats, including 16bit binary and ASCII
(one value PER PIXEL). but I was wondering what would be the best way of
converting it.

Cheers

Mike

Post a reply to this message