POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : Unicode patch - Mac Server Time
12 Aug 2024 13:17:42 EDT (-0400)
  Unicode patch - Mac (Message 1 to 3 of 3)
From: Jon A  Cruz
Subject: Unicode patch - Mac
Date: 12 Feb 1999 02:08:55
Message: <36C3D446.C21604CE@geocities.com>
Are there any Mac people out there interested in using more than the
base 128 characters in POV-Ray? If so, I'd like to hear from anyone who
either would like to use it on a Mac, or anyone who could build it on a
Mac (I only have PC's and Atari ST's here).

Post a reply to this message

>Are there any Mac people out there interested in using more than the
>base 128 characters in POV-Ray? If so, I'd like to hear from anyone who
>either would like to use it on a Mac, or anyone who could build it on a
>Mac (I only have PC's and Atari ST's here).

        hello:

            i have the ability to do a build on the MacOS platform, and some
    web space to post an executable for downloading.  i would
    need more info on what is involved in the patch.

                                    - tim k.

    Tim Kaelin
    OhmartVega Corp.
    tka### [at] ohmartvegacom

Post a reply to this message

>Are there any Mac people out there interested in using more than the
>base 128 characters in POV-Ray? If so, I'd like to hear from anyone who
>either would like to use it on a Mac, or anyone who could build it on a
>Mac (I only have PC's and Atari ST's here).

What characters are we talking about here? I appear to be able to render
characters above 128. I just did a test in Helvetica rendering the
'apple', OPT-SHIFT-k, which claims to be character F0, or 240.

This is POV 3.1d for Mac. I vaguely recall that 3.0 and earlier did not
support those characters.

Jerry
http://www.hoboes.com/jerry/