POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : Wood... Anything... Server Time
13 Aug 2024 01:15:58 EDT (-0400)
  Wood... Anything... (Message 1 to 4 of 4)
From: Spider
Subject: Wood... Anything...
Date: 8 Dec 1998 17:14:40
Message: <366DA42B.C38EF952@bahnhof.se>
Hi...
I'm working with a scene right now, and I need a good, photoralistic wood texture,
I've
gotten quite fine results by modifying the original textures in pov, but I wonder if
anyone has a texture, with examples (for scaling, aligning), that looks good ??

perhaps a texture isn't necessary, anyone know another way ?? (image map....
Images->where
?)

Regards,
//Spider

Post a reply to this message

Ken posted a list of urls for textures about a month ago.  It contained a
large number of wood textures.  You might want to search all postings in
October and November for 'texture'.

Jim

Spider wrote in message <366DA42B.C38EF952@bahnhof.se>...
>Hi...
>I'm working with a scene right now, and I need a good, photoralistic wood
texture, I've
>gotten quite fine results by modifying the original textures in pov, but I
wonder if
>anyone has a texture, with examples (for scaling, aligning), that looks
good ??

>perhaps a texture isn't necessary, anyone know another way ?? (image
map.... Images->where
>?)
>
>Regards,
>//Spider

Post a reply to this message

> Ken posted a list of urls for textures about a month ago.  It contained a
> large number of wood textures.  You might want to search all postings in
> October and November for 'texture'.
>
> Jim
>
> Spider wrote in message <366DA42B.C38EF952@bahnhof.se>...
> >Hi...
> >I'm working with a scene right now, and I need a good, photoralistic wood
> texture, I've
> >gotten quite fine results by modifying the original textures in pov, but I
> wonder if
> >anyone has a texture, with examples (for scaling, aligning), that looks
> good ??
> >
> >perhaps a texture isn't necessary, anyone know another way ?? (image
> map.... Images->where
> >?)
> >
> >Regards,
> >//Spider