POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : Sorry Server Time
13 Aug 2024 03:14:45 EDT (-0400)
  Sorry (Message 1 to 3 of 3)
From: Greg M  Johnson
Subject: Sorry
Date: 6 Dec 1998 15:14:24
Message: <366AE5F4.E8E06861@aol.com>
Of course,  on the new PC, I haven't figured out my new Netscape preferences
yet, and I got an error message after I posted which made me think the
message was never sent.

Post a reply to this message

From: =Bob
Subject: Re: Sorry
Date: 6 Dec 1998 19:42:31
Message: <366b2477.0@news.povray.org>
You may want to look into Article Cancel, or whatever Netscape might call it,
to remove unwanted posts. I've figured out how to do it on mine (many a
mistaken posting already for me) using WinVN, the newsreader I use.
3 repeated posts is overkill to be sure ;)

About that speed-up post, not very encouraging news there. I have moved from a
486sx33 8mb ram to a 486dx100 24mb ram and finally a 233mmx 64mb 66mhz sdram
since first using POV-Ray. The change has been very significant and I expect
to have a 450pII 128mb 100mhz sdram or similar computer next. Your results
show such a move to be rather daunting.
Furthermore, I, like many others, probably don't end up getting the most
current system either. But hopefully in another year 600p3 256mb 200mhz xram
(fictional) systems will be common-place.
Hey, could be a good reason for technology obsolescence. The faster the
change, the better.

I certainly don't like the sound of a 3X increase... 10X sounds okay.

Message <366AE5F4.E8E06861@aol.com>, Greg M. Johnson  typed...

--
 omniVERSE: beyond the universe
  http://members.aol.com/inversez/POVring.html