POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : Expert Help needed!! Server Time
13 Aug 2024 03:15:06 EDT (-0400)
  Expert Help needed!! (Message 1 to 4 of 4)
From: H  E  Day
Subject: Expert Help needed!!
Date: 2 Dec 1998 20:06:43
Message: <3665E343.5F43@teleport.com>
Ok, I've got a problem.  I need to have povray code that lets me move a
chicken-like leg in a walking motion.  I would like to be able to define
the stride length, repeating, period, and phase.  Also the position of
the anchor point (where the leg starts), and the length of the leg parts
should be defineable.  I've given this a lot of time yet I still can't
figure it out.  Any help from you mathematical experts out there would
be greatly apperciated.

Thanks!

--
H. E. Day

"The saddest thing in this world must be,
the use of power without dignity"

Email : Pov### [at] aolcom

Post a reply to this message

There are some interesting stick-figure animations from
research groups in Calgary and Arizona at:

http://www.acs.ucalgary.ca/~bogert/

and

http://www.public.asu.edu/~kggerrit/

Dan

--
http://www.flash.net/~djconnel/

Post a reply to this message

Take a look at the willbot.inc file at the pile:

http://user.baden-online.de/~mbachman/pile/alfa_eng.htm

Ken Tyler

H. E. Day wrote:

> Ok, I've got a problem.  I need to have povray code that lets me move a
> chicken-like leg in a walking motion.  I would like to be able to define
> the stride length, repeating, period, and phase.  Also the position of
> the anchor point (where the leg starts), and the length of the leg parts
> should be defineable.  I've given this a lot of time yet I still can't
> figure it out.  Any help from you mathematical experts out there would
> be greatly apperciated.
>
> Thanks!
>
> --
> H. E. Day
>
> "The saddest thing in this world must be,
> the use of power without dignity"
>
> Email : Pov### [at] aolcom

Post a reply to this message