POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : Problem: lost identifier Server Time
13 Aug 2024 03:22:25 EDT (-0400)
  Problem: lost identifier (Message 1 to 1 of 1)
From: Margus Ramst
Subject: Problem: lost identifier
Date: 25 Nov 1998 18:52:26
Message: <365C96DA.D3F5E91@peak.edu.ee>
I have have been mystified by a strange problem; I wonder if anybody could
explain this.
I won't include the problematic scene, since it is large and very difficult to
follow; but here are the basics:
It is a macro with #while and #if statements going up to about 9 levels deep and
some 30 #declared identifiers. The macro is divided into 2 blocks: the
processing script that calculates the necessary coordinates and stores them in
an array (this is the complicated part) and a script that creates objects
reading their coordinates from the array.
Now the problem is that POV returns an error (undeclared identifier) when
encountering whatever identifier comes first in the second block. I have most
certainly declared the identifiers and the 1st block doesn't touch some of them.
I am almost 100% certain that the problem isn't a missing #end. Also, no debug
messages are generated - even when #debug is the very first line after #macro()
It should also mentioned that the macro requires the Superpatch; however I don't
thik this is the problem.

I hope this gives you some idea of what I'm talking about. Can anybody speculate
as to what is the cause of this problem?

Thanks
Margus