POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : Appearance Server Time
13 Aug 2024 07:26:35 EDT (-0400)
  Appearance (Message 1 to 2 of 2)
From: Your Name
Subject: Appearance
Date: 31 Oct 1998 18:54:48
Message: <363BA4C5.1613@concentric.net>
Help! This is so frustrating.  I dutifully downloaded the Appearance
extension from the Apple site and installed it in my system folder.  Yet
when I try to start up the program, I get the little sign that says "POV
Ray requires Appearance to be installed in your system folder, It cannot
run with out it."

So I tried to put it directly in my extensions folder.  No good, same
message.  Then I tried to unload the contents of the folder and put the
contents directly in the extensions folder.  No good, same message.

My connection to the internet is so slow, I waited all afternoon for POV
ray.  I don't want to have to just trash it because my system folder
won't recognize that I put Appearence in it.

Aiden J. Humphrey.

Post a reply to this message

In article <363### [at] concentricnet> , Your Name <aid### [at] concentricnet>  wrote:
>Help! This is so frustrating.  I dutifully downloaded the Appearance
>extension from the Apple site and installed it in my system folder.  Yet
>when I try to start up the program, I get the little sign that says "POV
>Ray requires Appearance to be installed in your system folder, It cannot
>run with out it."
>
>So I tried to put it directly in my extensions folder.  No good, same
>message.  Then I tried to unload the contents of the folder and put the
>contents directly in the extensions folder.  No good, same message.
>
>My connection to the internet is so slow, I waited all afternoon for POV
>ray.  I don't want to have to just trash it because my system folder
>won't recognize that I put Appearence in it.
>
>Aiden J. Humphrey.

Well, first, it has to be in the extensions folder. And plase note that you have to
reboot before the system will make Appearance available. If this does not help,
please e-mail to the POV-Ray Mac pov### [at] compuservecom, maybe we can help you this
way faster.

     Thorsten

Thorsten Froehlich, Duisburg, Germany
e-mail: Tho### [at] csicom