POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : POV CD No. 2? Server Time
13 Aug 2024 07:25:52 EDT (-0400)
  POV CD No. 2? (Message 1 to 9 of 9)
From: WBG
Subject: POV CD No. 2?
Date: 29 Oct 1998 05:20:32
Message: <363840B5.49E@ozemail.com.au>
I have the first POV-Ray CD  (with version 2.2) and was wondering what
news there is on the second (if any). Mine is a bit oudated as almost
everything on it isn't the latest version. If anyone in charge of the
compilation is reading this, my wish-list on the CD would be:
 o POV-Ray v3.1
 o Moray v3.01
 o Laurens Lapre's LSystem applications, v4
 o The latest version of Dave's Targa Animator
 o Chris Colefax's fantastic include files
 o TextureView v3.3
 o WinZip and/or PkZip version whatever

Anyone else got any thoughts on it?
And, by the way, where is Dave's Targa Animator available from?

Stephen Gordon
(Australia)

Post a reply to this message

> I have the first POV-Ray CD  (with version 2.2) and was wondering what
> news there is on the second (if any). Mine is a bit oudated as almost
> everything on it isn't the latest version. If anyone in charge of the
> compilation is reading this, my wish-list on the CD would be:
>  o POV-Ray v3.1
>  o Moray v3.01
>  o Laurens Lapre's LSystem applications, v4
>  o The latest version of Dave's Targa Animator
>  o Chris Colefax's fantastic include files
>  o TextureView v3.3
>  o WinZip and/or PkZip version whatever

Bad idea.....

Several of the above are not free, and most of the others
will be obsolete well before the inventory on a typical
CD print will be exhausted.  For example, Moray and Colfax's
files, both of which are in the process of upgrades
to 3.1 syntax.

At least as useful would be a list of links to the above
web sites.... but then they are all well available on the
Web already ( such as http://twysted.net/ ).

Images and animations are durable.

Dan

--