POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : Texture Black_Marble Server Time
13 Aug 2024 07:28:44 EDT (-0400)
  Texture Black_Marble (Message 1 to 4 of 4)
Subject: Texture Black_Marble
Date: 23 Oct 1998 13:59:59
Message: <362fc8aa.10034218@news.povray.org>
There is something that me call attention,  occured that
translating/studying the part of Patterns- Hexagon ( for example ) of
the manual of POV-Ray 3.1,  me encounter with a test where was
utilized the texture "Black_Marble", But this texture I no have in the
file "textures.inc".

I Ask :The manual is not completely updated to the version 3.1 or to
my me some lack file?

Saludos:

Montevideo-Uruguay
El Mundo de Pov-Ray
http://www.geocities.com/SoHo/Cafe/9457/

> There is something that me call attention,  occured that
> translating/studying the part of Patterns- Hexagon ( for example ) of
> the manual of POV-Ray 3.1,  me encounter with a test where was
> utilized the texture "Black_Marble", But this texture I no have in the
> file "textures.inc".
>
> I Ask :The manual is not completely updated to the version 3.1 or to
> my me some lack file?
>
> Saludos:

> Montevideo-Uruguay

> El Mundo de Pov-Ray
> http://www.geocities.com/SoHo/Cafe/9457/

Here you go !
This is the black marble texture you are looking for.

#declare Black_Marble =
texture{ pigment{marble turbulence 1.0 color_map{
[0.0,0.3 color rgb<0.30,0.30,0.30>color rgb<0.45,0.45,0.45>]
[0.3,0.7 color rgb<0.45,0.45,0.45>color rgb<0.60,0.60,0.60>]
[0.7,0.9 color rgb<0.60,0.60,0.60>color rgb<1.00,1.00,1.00>]
[0.9,1.0 color rgb<1.00,1.00,1.00>color rgb<1.00,1.00,1.00>]
}}}

Ken Tyler

Post a reply to this message