POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : struggle with media Server Time
13 Aug 2024 09:35:02 EDT (-0400)
  struggle with media (Message 1 to 1 of 1)
From: ingo
Subject: struggle with media
Date: 14 Oct 1998 15:48:39
Message: <3624f207.0@news.povray.org>
In the, below, piece of scene file I have a transparent sphere inside a
sphere with media (MSphere_1). All looks ok. If I use MSphere_2 instead, the
transparent sphere turns grey. This despite the media being mostly
transparent, except for the "hair piece" on top.
Can somebody explain to me why this happens,

ingo

------
#declare Media = media {
    absorption rgb<1,1,1>*25
    intervals 1
    samples 1, 10
    confidence 0.9999
    variance 1/1000
    density {
        gradient y
        scale 2
        color_map {
            [0.8 color rgb <0, 0, 0>]
            [1.0 color rgb <1, 1, 1>]
        }
    }
}

sphere { <0, 1, 0>, 0.9
    pigment { rgbf<1, 1, 1, 0.9> }
    /*pigment {color Red}*/
    finish {
        ambient 0.2
        diffuse 0.5
        phong 1.0
        phong_size 200
    }
    interior { ior 1.1 }
}

#declare MSphere_1 = sphere { <0, 1, 0 >, 1}

#declare MSphere_2 = difference{
    sphere { <0, 1, 0 >, 1}
    sphere { <0,1,0>,0.91}
}