POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : material {} container use Server Time
13 Aug 2024 09:32:10 EDT (-0400)
  material {} container use (Message 1 to 1 of 1)
From: =Bob
Subject: material {} container use
Date: 14 Oct 1998 01:26:40
Message: <36242800.0@news.povray.org>
Hi all Povers,

 I was wondering how 3.1 users were getting along with the new material
container for holding texture and interior together.
Separate texture/interior parts used as material isn't so flexible anymore.
Can't get interior to be handled like the old texture/finish method concerning
patterns.
Excerpt from the 3.1 DOC:
- - - -
During our development, someone asked if we will create patterned interiors or
a hypothetical interior_map feature. We will not. That would defeat the whole
purpose of moving these features in the first place. They cannot be patterned
and have logical or self-consistent results.
- - - -
This applies to media as well now, formerly halo was not.
The statement above sounds quite finite, hopefully ideas will change to allow
for "solid" interiors to mix throughout the medium (heterogeneously) someday
in a later version.
This lack of ability might become more obvious to the creators as time goes
by, causing the "Team" to make additions. Place your bets...

--
 omniVERSE: beyond the universe
  http://members.aol.com/inversez/POVring.html