POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : bug? problem with old inc file Server Time
13 Aug 2024 09:30:46 EDT (-0400)
  bug? problem with old inc file (Message 1 to 2 of 2)
From: someone
Subject: bug? problem with old inc file
Date: 8 Oct 1998 23:49:04
Message: <361d797f.17878697@news.povray.org>
Hi.  I've got an include file based on Chris Colefax's object bender.
With POV 3.01, I had no problem using it, but I just got 3.1 and it's
giving me an error.
error: Domain error in atan2

and stopping at this line
   #declare _BN_roty = degrees(atan2(_BN_axisvec.x, _BN_axisvec.z))
after the z at the end of it.

Any help would be appriciated.

Post a reply to this message

> Hi.  I've got an include file based on Chris Colefax's object bender.
> With POV 3.01, I had no problem using it, but I just got 3.1 and it's
> giving me an error.
> error: Domain error in atan2
>
> and stopping at this line
>    #declare _BN_roty = degrees(atan2(_BN_axisvec.x, _BN_axisvec.z))
> after the z at the end of it.
>
> Any help would be appriciated.

Go to the below address and download the 3.1 comaptable
Chris Colefax include files. He has updated the majority
of his .inc files and AFIK they are all backward compatable
with 3.0x versions of Pov-Ray as well.
http://www.geocities.com/SiliconValley/Lakes/1434/#IncludeFiles

Ken Tyler