POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : Help- Unwanted see-through-ness in objects Server Time
13 Aug 2024 11:20:57 EDT (-0400)
  Help- Unwanted see-through-ness in objects (Message 1 to 8 of 8)
From: David Greaves
Subject: Help- Unwanted see-through-ness in objects
Date: 30 Sep 1998 18:35:47
Message: <3612A2CB.BA63F3FF@telekinesys.co.uk>
Hi, hope someone can help

I've modeled a bowl using sPatch and exported it in POV format. (it uses
'bicubic_patch'es)
I modified the file produced to use #declare to name the union object.

I then use
object { tray
  texture { T_Silver_5B }
}
and render.

Lovely...

except that when I shine a blue spotlight at the bowl from underneath
and place the camera on top, I see the floor of the bowl is blue (and
shows a shadow from a pipe placed beneath the bowl)

camera

Bowl
pipe
^

light

If I put the camera underneath, and look up, the floor of the bowl looks
the same.
I've sent some small (10k each) images.
Am I doing something wrong here?

Why can I see through my bowl?

David

PS For those who helped with the bendy pipes - here they are :)

Post a reply to this message

Attachments:
Download 'above.jpg' (12 KB) Download 'below.jpg' (12 KB)

Preview of image 'above.jpg'
above.jpg

Preview of image 'below.jpg'
below.jpg