POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : Neon Text? Server Time
29 Jul 2024 00:31:28 EDT (-0400)
  Neon Text? (Message 1 to 5 of 5)
From: sirrus2000
Subject: Neon Text?
Date: 6 Aug 1998 03:09:42
Message: <35C9487E.A4245248@usa.net>
How would I make "neon" text in POV-ray?

Post a reply to this message

From: JK
Subject: Re: Neon Text?
Date: 26 Aug 1998 19:16:00
Message: <35E48808.A92A80E1@hotmail.com>
sir### [at] usanet wrote:

> How would I make "neon" text in POV-ray?

  You can use a normal text object (for a nice effect use a glass or
other translucent texture) and put halos around those. As far as I know,
text can't contain a halo, so you'll have to use a cylinder or sphere(s)
as a halo-container. I'm not sure if that would look very nice, but I
think it's worth a try.
Hope this helps,
JK
http://surf.to/jkhome

Post a reply to this message

>text can't contain a halo, so you'll have to use a cylinder or sphere(s)
>as a halo-container.

Yes, it can !  Any object with well defined inside/ouside can contain a
halo/media, even a julia or a superhyperellipsoquadratic...(breath).

Cheers,
Fabien.

Post a reply to this message

> >text can't contain a halo, so you'll have to use a cylinder or sphere(s)
> >as a halo-container.
>
> Yes, it can !  Any object with well defined inside/ouside can contain a
> halo/media, even a julia or a superhyperellipsoquadratic...(breath).
>
> Cheers,
> Fabien.

Well, in that case, create a text object and put a slightly larger hollow
version around it with a halo in it (getting the halo right for a neon-like
effect might be time-consuming, though).Good luck,
JK

Post a reply to this message