POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : This year's most ARROGANT email Server Time
29 Jul 2024 20:17:56 EDT (-0400)
  This year's most ARROGANT email (Message 101 to 105 of 105)
From: Chuck Roberts
Subject: Re: This year's most ARROGANT email
Date: 19 Aug 1999 10:20:36
Message: <37BC12F1.B9953120@accn.org>
I wasn't complaining. I was just thinking out loud. Actually, I DO use
minimize with a z. Never thought about it before.

TigerHawk wrote:

> It's not too smart to complain to a group of people that give YOU this renderer for
> free. Please do not screw it up for the rest of us by ticking them off, because it
> would be an awful shame it I would not be able to further use Pov-Ray because it
> requires money which I don't redily have.
>
> Tim Soderstrom
>
> (how does it feel?)
>
> Chuck Roberts wrote:
>
> > Actually, as an American, I was not aware that "minimized" with a z was
> > the official spelling in Queen's English. I knew about the "colour"
> > thing.

Post a reply to this message

From: Steve
Date: 19 Aug 1999 21:52:29
Message: <37BCAAB4.F61B72C5@ndirect.co.uk>
Well I'm English, and I spell some of them with an S, things like
organisation, it annoys me to see that with a Z.  But I don't
think I'd go to the trouble of complaining about it.

I do much prefer colour though it could be argued that color is
closest to the original as languages such as Spanish use it, and
they're much closer to Latin than English is these days.  Anybody
know what colour is in Latin?

Steve (with a ph).

--
Cheers
Steve

%HAV-A-NICEDAY Error reading file mailto:sjl### [at] ndirectcouk

web:  http://www.ndirect.co.uk/~sjlen/

Post a reply to this message

> Well I'm English, and I spell some of them with an S, things like
> organisation, it annoys me to see that with a Z.  But I don't
> think I'd go to the trouble of complaining about it.
>
> I do much prefer colour though it could be argued that color is
> closest to the original as languages such as Spanish use it, and
> they're much closer to Latin than English is these days.  Anybody
> know what colour is in Latin?
>
> Steve (with a ph).

  The whole point of this now over hashed thread is spell it any way you
like but don't send an email to Chris Cason complaining about how he spells
it. If you do you may become the next intense focal point for a similar
thread and it is not an enviable position to be in.

Let it go !

--
Ken Tyler

See my 700+ Povray and 3D Rendering and Raytracing Links at: