POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : Solid objects and media Server Time
13 Aug 2024 11:16:49 EDT (-0400)
  Solid objects and media (Message 1 to 1 of 1)
From: Margus Ramst
Subject: Solid objects and media
Date: 18 Sep 1998 05:38:13
Message: <36021A62.98895BC0@peak.edu.ee>
Something I would like to see: an option to enable media inside a solid
object.

There are objects that contain suspended particles - like hollow objects
- and yet exclude
any atmospheric media and fog - like solid objects.
The best example I can think of right now is an ice cube with suspended
air bubbles in it.

The object should exclude any media (atmospheric or object media) not
part of its own interior statement.
While I am no expert, I feel this wouldn't be too difficult to implement
(perhaps a new "semi-hollow" object type?)

Margus