POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : Focal blur with the targa averager Server Time
13 Aug 2024 13:19:58 EDT (-0400)
  Focal blur with the targa averager (Message 1 to 4 of 4)
From: Nieminen Mika
Subject: Focal blur with the targa averager
Date: 7 Sep 1998 05:31:37
Message: <35f399e9.0@news.povray.org>
I just discovered that you can make also focal blur with the targa
averager.
  You may say "Hey! There is focal blur in povray already."
  That's right. But you may have noticed that focal blurred images made with
povray are grainy, with random and annoying noise, no matter how many blur
samples you use. I don't know exactly why this happens, but I suppose that
it's because povray shoots the blur samples at random, with different random
values from pixel to pixel. This seems to produce that random noise.
  The focal blurred images made by averaging are a lot smoother.

  For more info see http://iki.fi/warp/PovUtils/average/focalblur.html

--
                                                           - Warp. -

Post a reply to this message