POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : POV-Ray v3.1 beta 6b Server Time
13 Aug 2024 15:33:06 EDT (-0400)
  POV-Ray v3.1 beta 6b (Message 1 to 6 of 6)
From: povray org admin team
Subject: POV-Ray v3.1 beta 6b
Date: 1 Sep 1998 06:41:45
Message: <35ecbfe9.119981634@news.povray.org>
POV-Ray for Windows v3.1 beta 6b will be available from our FTP site shortly.
This has additional editor functionality over beta 6. As the differences are
almost all due to the Windows editor, other platforms may not make a release at
this stage (if they do we'll let you know).

It is likely that we will make a zip file containing just the changed EXE and
DLL's available later on.

Core renderer changes since beta.6

  Added translate, rotate, scale, transform, matrix to material{}
  Added logical function "defined(IDENTIFIER)"
   Note: When #read (MyFile,Var) hits eof, MyFile is closed and
         it does #undef MyFile automatically.  Its always worked
         this way.  But now you can do...
           #while(defined(MyFile))
             #read(MyFile,Var)
           #end
  Fixed #undef MyMaterial
  Other clean-ups

Windows changes since beta 6

  o Added auto-reload (which also auto-saves when switching away from POVWIN).

  o Fixed problem with Save As not providing a default path and filename.

  o Added printing to editor. This includes optional highlighting of comments
    and two-up printing (i.e. prints two pages on a single sheet of paper).

  o Fixed problem with message window sometimes not getting focus (therefore
    preventing UpArrow/DownArrow from scrolling it).

  o Added /NORESTORE (also /NR) option to command line. If present, POVWIN's
    editor will not attempt to restore previously opened files. Note that it
    WILL save its state when it exits.

  o Implemented loading files via /EDIT again.

  o Fixed help path problem that affected Windows 95/98 systems.

  o Changed the editor context menu (lots more options, mostly in submenus).

  o Modified the render window region facility to use floats so that when you
    change the size of the render, the region is retained. Also fixed a few
    bugs with this facility at the same time.

Post a reply to this message