POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : POVWin beta 6 problems and questions Server Time
13 Aug 2024 15:24:50 EDT (-0400)
  POVWin beta 6 problems and questions (Message 1 to 4 of 4)
From: Rainer Mager
Subject: POVWin beta 6 problems and questions
Date: 27 Aug 1998 04:23:51
Message: <35e50987.0@news.povray.org>
Hi all,

    I've found a few problem in beta 6 and before I report them as bugs I'd
like to see if they are reproducable elsewhere. Also I have some
questions...

1.  When I have set the display font and then make another change to the
editor configuration (e.g., change the tab spacing or the key bindings) the
display font is reset to borte.

2.  Is there any way to switch backwards between files? I know CTRL-TAB
switches forwards.

3.  If I have a POV file #include another file in a subdirectory (A) and
that file includes another file in that same A subdirectory, I still must
preceed the second include with the A path. For example:

---FILE1.POV---
#include "A/FILE2.POV"

---A/FILE2.POV---
#include "FILE3.POV"

---A/FILE3.POV---
...junk...

The above does NOT work. File2 is correctly included but can not find file3.
If I change file2 to: #include "A/FILE3.POV" then it works. Is this a bug or
a feature or what?

4. Is there anyway to turn off the ability to position the cursor anywhere,
even to the right of where characters acutally exist?

5. Am I correct in saying that macros can not be recursive? Is there any way
to do recursion?

6. Is there any way to prevent the render window from stealing focus (note
this is not what the "Get Focus on Creation" option does) yet remain on top.
The reason I ask is because I often are working on a scene and want to
render it to see how it changes. When I hit Alt-G to render I then have to
click back into the editor to continue typing. I know this sounds like a
very little thing but I'd like it anyway.

7. It appears that the toolbars' positions are not saved across sessions.
Also what is that extra, blank toolbar to the left of the marble image?

I love the new syntax high-lighting and other new features in 3.1. Great job
POV Team!

--Rainer

Post a reply to this message