POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : "Patch Central" Server Time
13 Aug 2024 15:32:12 EDT (-0400)
  "Patch Central" (Message 1 to 3 of 3)
From: Twyst
Subject: "Patch Central"
Date: 26 Aug 1998 02:05:44
Message: <35e397a8.0@news.povray.org>
Howdy. I'm planning to start a Repository for patches for Pov-Ray...
Organized by version, with screen shots, preferably. I'd also like to put
together a list of know bugs/fixes ..

This is where I need some help. I don't have the time to go searching for
all these patches. I know of some, but I know there are more out there. What
I need some help doing, is making screen shots, and tracking down
links/code. What I'd like to do is have the CODE available in Diffs, and
maybe a link to the homepage/compiled version.

Please, feel free to e-mail stuff to me.. I have only 1 criteria, and that's
for the screen shots:320x200 if at all possible. =)

I won't guarantee that it will be up within a week or two, but I'm certainly
going to try.

--
Twyst -------------------------------------------
twysted mynd - for pov-ray news, reviews and tutorials

> Howdy. I'm planning to start a Repository for patches for Pov-Ray...
> Organized by version, with screen shots, preferably. I'd also like to put
> together a list of know bugs/fixes ..
>
> This is where I need some help. I don't have the time to go searching for
> all these patches. I know of some, but I know there are more out there. What
> I need some help doing, is making screen shots, and tracking down
> links/code. What I'd like to do is have the CODE available in Diffs, and
> maybe a link to the homepage/compiled version.
>
> Please, feel free to e-mail stuff to me.. I have only 1 criteria, and that's
> for the screen shots:320x200 if at all possible. =)
>
> I won't guarantee that it will be up within a week or two, but I'm certainly
> going to try.
>
> --
> Twyst -------------------------------------------
> twysted mynd - for pov-ray news, reviews and tutorials
> http://twysted.net
> e-mail: twy### [at] twystednet

  Hi there Twyst.
Here's something Andrew Hedges posted at povray.text.scene-files. The problem is
that at small sizes, the sphere object in the scene below disappears
(ajhmeter<0.032 or something). Here's his message:

I'm trying to create a pillar out of a union of a vertical
cylinder topped with a sphere to round off the end, and so obviously the
cylinder and the sphere need the same radius. This works ok when the
value I'm using for the radii is greater than about 0.1, but when I get
down to small numbers (like 0.01) the sphere comes out looking smaller
than the cylinder.Here's the code I'm using (ajhmeter is an adjustable scaling
factor):

//-- begin code --
#include "colors.inc"

#declare ajhmeter=0.1

camera
{
  location  <0.0, 1.2*ajhmeter, -2*ajhmeter>
  direction 1.5*z
  right     4/3*x
  look_at   <0.0, ajhmeter,  0.0>
}

light_source {
  0*x
  color red 1.0  green 1.0  blue 1.0
  translate <-30, 30, -30>
}

plane { y, -1 pigment {color rgb <0.7,0.5,0.3>}}

union {
  sphere { <0, ajhmeter*1, 0>, ajhmeter*0.1  pigment {Blue} }
  cylinder { <0, 0, 0>, <0, ajhmeter*1, 0>, ajhmeter*0.1 pigment {Red} }
}

//-- end code --

Andrew

I was wondering if this might be a bug.
Perhaps you can tell, as a bug-expert (?) :-)
JK

Post a reply to this message

JK <kla### [at] hotmailcom> wrote in article <35E### [at] hotmailcom>...