POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : PoV Modellers Server Time
14 Aug 2024 09:23:24 EDT (-0400)
  PoV Modellers (Message 1 to 3 of 3)
From: Asmodai
Subject: PoV Modellers
Date: 13 Aug 1998 22:50:17
Message: <35d397d9.0@news.povray.org>
I'm a PoV newbie and I'm just getting ready to go through the tutorial. I
know however that I am not going to be using it in the native (code) form
(except maybe a tweak here and there) and was wondering what was the best
modeller to use (must be a downloadable Win32 program with at least a 30 day
free trial period). The two my research has turned up that appear pretty
solid are Moray and Breeze Designer. I would appreciate any comments on
which is better AND WHY as well as any other suggestions you can offer.
Thanks in advance for any help.

Post a reply to this message

Personally, I am not sure, not having used Breeze Designer, but I really like
Moray, which integrates seemlessly with pov. However, if you want to model with
any realism, get your hands on sPatch, which is freeware. The adress is:
http://www.cableone.net/alyson/spatch.html
It is an excellent program, and there are even tutorials available.

--
"It may be that my progeny[humans] will
teem over the earth like locusts,

"And, give them[our culture] a story
to enact in which the world
is a foe, and one day, inevitably,
their foe will lie bleeding to
death at their feet, as the,
world is now" Ch. 5-4, Ishmael, By Daniel Quinn

Post a reply to this message